Assist in providing software development and database support to MAG staff in a Microsoft Windows environment. This includes assessment of staff software development and database needs followed by solution development and implementation in coordination with the Application Development Program Manager.
Salary range: Level I with at least one (1) year of related work experience required: $48,611 – $72,917 DOE. Excellent benefits package, including participation in the Arizona State Retirement System.
Salary range: Level II with at least three (3) years of related work experience required: $56,274 – $84,411 DOE. Excellent benefits package, including participation in the Arizona State Retirement System.
The individual in the position reports directly to the Application Development Program Manager.
- Assess end user software development and database needs.
- Create software development plans and relational database designs.
- Develop and implement software and database solutions meeting MAG staff needs.
- Maintain and enhance existing software and database solutions as necessary.
- Other tasks as required by the Application Development Program Manager or Information Technology Manager.
The individual in this position communicates mostly with internal staff. Limited communication with member agency staff may be required on specific projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent with at least one (1) to three (3) years of experience of .NET and HTML. Masters preferred with at least one (1) year of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows
- Proficiency in business productivity software including Microsoft Office 2013
- Experience programming C# applications with Visual Studio and Windows Forms
- 3 years cumulative .NET development experience required with Bachelor’s degree, 1 year with Master’s degree
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL 2012 Database Engine including the ability to write T-SQL and the understanding of database design concepts such as relationships, indexing, and normalization
- Experience with Microsoft Access
Other Desired Technology Skills (helpful, but not required):
- Experience developing with Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience working with Team Foundation Server
- Experience in the Scrum development process
- Software testing, quality assurance
- Business analysis experience
- Experience programming Java
- Knowledge and development experience with ESRI products such as ArcSDE, ArcDesktop, and ArcGIS Server
- Experience programming Silverlight
- Familiarity with Corel Office 14
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide range of people of differing skill levels
For more information and to download an application, please use the links provided on this page. Send completed application, resume, and cover letter to HR, Maricopa Association of Governments, 302 North 1st Avenue, Suite 300, Phoenix, Arizona 85003; e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR fax to (602) 254-6490. EOE
Click here to view full Application Developer I or II Job Description
Click here to download MAG Employment Application
- Do not change the format or layout of this form.
- After downloading the form, if you have any questions or problems, please request assistance.
- Answer all questions completely.
- Complete and include all supplemental forms requested.
- Read all information on this application.
- If you are mailing or faxing this form, please type or print neatly in ink.
- If you are completing this form electronically, please make sure to save changes to the PDF before attaching it to the return e-mail.