The Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) is accepting applications for a full-time Accountant position with the Fiscal Services Division. This position will provide assistance in performing professional level governmental accounting work in the areas of payroll, accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, property and fixed asset accounting, cost accounting, grants management and administration of grants, tax returns, general ledger reconciliation and financial analysis.
Great communication and teamwork skills are essential. Attention to detail and the ability to prepare concise, comprehensive reports is required. Due to the governmental nature of the MAG work, general knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Governmental Accounting Auditing and Financial Reporting (GAAFR) is required.
Experience and Education Required:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in accounting
- At least one year of full-time professional employment in accounting with direct experience in accounts payable and/or payroll.
- Certified Public Accountant Certificate (CPA) a plus.
Salary range is $44,092 to $66,138, depending on experience. Excellent benefits package, including participation in the Arizona State Retirement System.
Click the link below for a detailed job announcement brochure and steps on how to apply:
Download Accountant I Job Description
For more information and to download an application, please use the links provided on this page. Send completed application, resume, and cover letter to HR, Maricopa Association of Governments, 302 North 1st Avenue, Suite 300, Phoenix, Arizona 85003; e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; OR fax to (602) 254-6490. EOE
Download MAG Employment Application
- Do not change the format or layout of this form.
- After downloading the form, if you have any questions or problems, please request assistance.
- Answer all questions completely.
- Complete and include all supplemental forms requested.
- Read all information on this application.
- If you are mailing or faxing this form, please type or print neatly in ink.
- If you are completing this form electronically, please make sure to save changes to the PDF before attaching it to the return e-mail.