The Maricopa Association of Governments, in cooperation with Valley Metro, is conducting the Southeast Valley Transit System Study.
The study will analyze transit services and ridership demand in transit-established and transit-aspiring communities within the Southeast Valley. The study will identify efficiencies in current and planned transit services in the study area.
The study will also identify a performance based, integrated, demand driven, transit system that effectively and efficiently connects areas within the Southeast Valley of the MAG Region as well as to existing and planned regional transit improvements such as high-capacity transit. Communities participating in the study are Apache Junction, Chandler, Florence, Gila River Indian Community, Gilbert, Guadalupe, Maricopa, Mesa, Phoenix, QueenCreek, Tempe and the surrounding portions of Maricopa County and Pinal County.
Key project objectives are to:
- Identify efficiencies and service gaps for existing and future transit services
- Optimize existing services
- Identify current unmet needs
- Address changing study area conditions
- Develop recommendations for addressing short-, mid-, and long-term transit needs
- Investigate funding strategies and partnership opportunities
Click here for a larger version of the area study map
Click here to view the Valley Metro
Southeast Valley Transit System Study