The Williams Gateway Freeway is an element of the MAG Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) which was adopted by the MAG Regional Council and funded by Maricopa County residents with the passage of Proposition 400.
The MAG Williams Gateway Freeway study area runs southeasterly from Loop 202 (Santan) near Williams Gateway Airport and the General Motors Desert Proving Grounds to the Pinal County border.
MAG Williams Gateway Freeway Alignment Study Focus:
- Identify and examine the existing physical, social, economic and environmental conditions within the Study Area that could effect the freeway alignment.
- Identify and evaluate a range of alternative freeway alignments in Maricopa County, and the bordering area of Pinal County.
- Recommend a Preferred Alignment for the freeway in Maricopa County.
- Develop detailed information regarding transportation facility characteristics and right-of-way needs.
- Identify preliminary environmental or Title VI/Environmental Justice factors to be addressed.
Get e-mail updates when this information changes / Learn more...