PIT Count Timeline
Toggle to view details about each stage in the PIT Count process.
December, 2018 Tasks
- Volunteers can contact coordinators in their city or town to sign up.
January, 2019 Tasks
- January 7-18: Coordinators throughout the region hold local trainings during this time for volunteers
- January 21: Centralized volunteer training held in Downtown Phoenix.
- January 22, 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Volunteers count the number of individuals and families experiencing homelessness on the streets. Data is collected and analyzed by the Maricopa Regional Continuum of Care to measure homelessness in the region.
Summer, 2019 Tasks
- MAG submits PIT data to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Later on in the year, HUD compiles local data and provides it to Congress to understand the nature and extent of homelessness across the country.
- MAG develops a local report for the region and publishes Point-in-Time Homeless Count Analysis.
Get e-mail updates! /