MAG continues to monitor and update protocols to safeguard residents from the spread of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our focus remains on the health and welfare of our staff, committee members, member agency representatives, and all other guests. The MAG offices are currently closed to all outside visitors, except by appointment. Please check the website frequently for updates to MAG meetings. MAG is canceling public meetings without time-sensitive agenda items. For meetings with time-sensitive agenda items, we are providing call-in and/or streaming options such as teleconferencing through the MAG audio bridge, Adobe Connect, or Facebook Live. The following notice has been posted to the calendar page on our website:
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC MEETINGS
Due to the risks to public health caused by the possible spread of the COVID-19 virus at public gatherings, the Maricopa Association of Governments has determined that public meetings will be indefinitely held through technological means. Meetings will be open to the public through technological means. In reliance on, and compliance with, the March 13, 2020 Opinion issued by Attorney General Mark Brnovich, the Maricopa Association of Governments provides this special advance notice of the technological means through which public meetings may be accessed. While this special notice is in effect, public comment at meetings will only be accepted through written submissions, which may or may not be read aloud during meetings.
To attend a meeting noticed below by technological means, members of the public may:
- Watch a video stream at the link provided in the meeting agenda.
- Members of the public may submit written comments relating to this meeting to azmag.gov/comment within one hour of the posted start time for the meeting.
If any member of the public has difficulty connecting to the meeting, please contact MAG at (602) 254-6300 or (602) 452-5095.
To further protect public health, MAG also is taking the following proactive steps:
- MAG is providing telework options for all agency employees who do not need to be physically present in the MAG building. This will in no way impact our ability to meet the needs of our members and the public in a timely fashion. Please contact the MAG office at (602) 254-6300 with any questions about MAG activities. To access the Governor’s hotline regarding COVID-19, please call 2-1-1.
- The MAG offices are currently closed to all outside visitors, except by appointment.
- Cleaning and disinfecting any common areas regularly.
- Providing information regarding preventive measures for all viruses as recommended by major health organizations.
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING TIPS REGARDING PERSONAL HEALTH:
- Maintain social distancing. Stay home if possible. Keep abreast of new guidelines in your community by monitoring your local jurisdiction’s website (see below).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after you cough or sneeze.
- Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or with your elbow when you cough or sneeze, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Remember, in case of an emergency, you can Text to 9-1-1 in Arizona. Call if you can. Text if you can’t.
- For more detailed public health information, call 2-1-1 or visit cdc.gov/coronavirus or Maricopa.gov/coronavirus.