MAG reserves the right to conduct the following with its social media platforms:
- Adding or changing any content, including deleting content.
- Discontinuing any of its social media channels at any time.
- Commencing any new social media platforms.
MAG may, at any time and at its own discretion, delete or hide irresponsible content or content that is inconsistent with the purpose of the agency’s social media channels. MAG also reserves the right to delete or hide inappropriate comments or block a user who posts inappropriate comments on any of the agency’s social media channels including, but not limited to, comments or posts that:
- Contain obscene or foul language.
- Promote commercial services or goods.
- Promote violence.
- Promote illegal activity or behaviors.
- Contain language that threatens or defames any person, organization, ethnic group or religious group.
- Contain spam or links to other websites or applications (apps).
- Violate the legal ownership interest of another party, or infringe on copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property.
- Contain personally identifiable information, including medical information.
- Include information that may compromise the safety or security proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
- Promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, skin color, religion, age, gender, marital status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, economic status, national origin, and physical or intellectual disability.
Links that take you out of the Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) social media channels are not under the control of MAG and MAG is not responsible for the terms and conditions, privacy policies, or content of such sites, or for any further links from such sites. MAG is providing these links only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the Maricopa Association of Governments.
Likes and Shares
Note: If MAG follows another user’s account, “likes” another post, retweets, “favorites,” shares or otherwise reposts or engages with another user’s content, such action does not constitute an endorsement.
Users of MAG’s social media channels do not retain any rights over their postings. Postings to MAG’s social media platforms are intended for public view and any personal information posted constitutes a waiver of any rights to privacy or confidentiality. Postings are subject to all public records laws, meaning any information included in comments, including any names, email addresses, or images, may be released through a formal public records request to the media, a business or any person or entity. Therefore, before commenting on any MAG social media channel, understand that these postings are neither private nor confidential. MAG archives all of its social media comments to comply with all public records laws.
For questions or comments regarding the operation of any Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) social media site, or for specific questions, please contact the MAG office at 602-254-6300, or email [email protected]
Updated August 2021