The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued an Ozone High Pollution Advisory for Tuesday through Wednesday, September 6 - 7, 2022.
The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality has issued a High Pollution Advisory (HPA) for ozone in Maricopa County. This HPA is due to levels expected to exceed the federal health standard for ozone. The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality recommends that the general public limit outdoor activity while the HPA is in effect, especially children and adults with respiratory problems.
Here's what you can do:
- Drive as little as possible: carpool or use public transit. For information on transportation alternatives, visit Valley Metro's Share a Ride.
- Fuel your vehicle after dark or during cooler evening hours.
- Use low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) or water-based paints, stains, finishes and paint strippers.
- Delay big painting projects until high pollution advisories or health watches have passed.
- Make sure containers of household cleaners, garage and yard chemicals and other solvents are sealed properly to prevent vapors from evaporating into the air.
- Eliminate wood burning in fireplaces, stoves, chimineas, and outdoor fire pits.
- Avoid using leaf blowers.
- Conserve electricity.
LINKS & CONTACTS: