State Route 30 Active Transportation Survey #2
The Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) is seeking your input to help develop a preferred concept for an active transportation facility along the future State Route (SR) 30 freeway. This survey is anonymous and will take you approximately 12 minutes to complete. Results from this survey will inform the selection of a preferred concept. The survey will close on December 12, 2022.
The survey is closed.
State Route 30 Active Transportation Survey #1 Results
A public survey was conducted to help create a vision and goals for the project. The survey was open from August 11, 2022, to September 5, 2022. A summary of the SR 30 survey results is below.
349 people participated in the survey
live or work in project area
at least somewhat familiar with SR 30 freeway
ride a bicycle at least once a month
Experiences when traveling through the project area today...
- Automobile traffic and congestion
- Speeding motorists and safety concerns
- Lack of bicycle and pedestrian facilities
- Navigational and access challenges
- Recreational and natural amenities to enjoy
Top Concerns anticipated in the project area when the SR 30 Freeway is built
Future Vision for the SR 30 Freeway and project area…
- Improved traffic flow, access, and community connections
- Dedicated places to walk and bike
- Landscaping and connection to natural amenities
- Noise and barriers made by the freeway mitigated
Percent of Respondents Comfortable with Different Facility Types
Three most important elements to consider for adding active transportation